KJ Newman’s Status Report for 4/29/2023

• Work this week
    • This week I worked on debugging the usb driver.  I located a document which specifies what the error codes that ftdi functions return mean.  I then added a lot of debugging code to print these codes in human readable form anytime there is any error.  It seems that some fpga code changes have mostly gotten rid of errors while operating.  However, setting baud rates above 7 Mbps still has issues.  I printed the error code when this happens, and it is FT_IO_ERROR, which is ill documented.  I believe that some baud rates cannot be achieved with the clock dividers on the chip.  However, these are not documented anywhere.  Therefore, we are likely to stick to 7 Mbps.
    • I worked on our poster this week.  Anju had already started the poster but it was difficult to edit, so I made a new copy and copied all information over.  I also spent a while trying to make sure the text in images would not need to be rescaled because that was making it blurry and poor quality.  The poster is pretty much done now.  As a team, we will look at it together.
  • Schedule
    • We are on schedule.  I only have work on the report, poster, and video remaining.  We also need to do the system stress test.
  • Deliverables
    • Next week, I will be finishing up on the poster and working on the report.  I will also run the full system stress test.