Saniya’s Status Report for March 25

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

This past week I worked more on the PCB. Since we were hitting some roadblocks with being able to program the STM32WB, I did some research on my own and tried generating projects through ST softwares such as STM32CubeIDE and CubeMX. I was still having no luck with these, so I brought our board to my Embedded OH, where a TA was able to help me get the board working using the Zephyr development environment. We were also able to test sending a simple Bluetooth packet that was received over iOS and an existing STM app that lets you view wireless data transfers from ST devices. I spent a few hours running samples and will be bringing Shize up to speed on what I worked on with the TA.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

We are a bit behind schedule due to the issues we were having with configuring the board, but now that those have been amended, I plan to spend time with Shize this week hashing out our hardware code. Using Zephyr seems to be far less complicated, so I don’t think it will take too long if we work together.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

In the next week, I hope to have all the base code for the hardware finished and if that is done, then I can get the PCB design ready for fabrication.