Saniya’s Status Report for Feb 25

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

I spent time earlier in the week working on the design report with my team members and since our parts arrived, I started familiarizing myself with the DotStar Matrix interface. I first tested basic functionality with simple Arduino tutorial scripts and then began connecting the device to the STM32 with a breadboard to start testing basic I/O connection. Finally, I began practicing with PCB design to able to better work with Shize on developing our schematic in the coming weeks. I acquired Fusion 360 and created a few simple circuits from tutorials, schematic and board and ran the ERC/DRC checks successfully.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

While I was able to get a solid start on writing the connection interface, I would have liked to get further with the matrix functions. I anticipated that I would have significantly less time this past week due to my exam/lab schedule in other courses, but I factored the time to catch up into the coming week and my break since I won’t be traveling.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

In the next week, I hope to (1) complete the design report with my teammates and (2) have a more complete interface for the STM32 to control the DotStar matrix in some basic functions such as color-changes and simple shape designs via buttons or stdin commands.