Sophie Sacks’s Status Report for February 12th

Over this past week, most of my energy was put into finishing up the Proposal presentation as well as beginning work on the Design Review presentation. For the Proposal, I created most of our use-case requirements and helped with further defining the use case, solution approach, solution justification, and material decisions for the software component of our project. Additionally, Dina and I helped Sam feel fully prepared to give the presentation. For the Design Review, I created a document to help outline what we need to include. I completed the Introduction and worked a great deal on the System Implementation on the software side. I researched the proper way to have input validation on our web application. I also looked into different machine learning Python packages we can use and found that sklearn gives us a number of options. In addition, I researched how to successfully have an ML model within a Django backend and found a guide for deploying ML models with Django that will become immensely useful later on. Finally, I decided on the design for our backend Django database.

My progress is currently on schedule. Since we have decided that I will be giving the Design Review presentation, my focus next week will mainly be on making sure I am fully prepared to present. I will continue to work on the Design Review paper but put most of my effort into the slides and notes for when I present.