Sam’s Status Report for Apr. 10, 2022

This week, I was able to bring the whole system together to extract the code off of a 125 kHz card. This is what I showed at our interim demo, which I think went well! I reconnected the system later in the week to see if there was any part of the code or hardware I could tweak to make the system more portable and custom, but it was displaying strange behavior even before I could change anything. I was able to narrow down the issue: the voltage at the part of the circuit that connects to the analog arduino pin is too low, causing the arduino to calibrate to a value of zero. This prevents any sort of card detection. After troubleshooting for an hour, I placed an order for an ADALM from 18-500 inventory, which will allow me to check every part of the circuit. I’m hoping the issue is minor, since it was just working fine.

This issue will cause some delay, which is dependent on how long it will take to fix it. Hopefully I can get it up and running again next lab period, and figure out what was going wrong.

Looking forward, I’ll debug this issue and then begin to decide what I’ll be soldering. Once this issue is fixed, we will also be able to start working on connecting the arduino and RPi to create a full system.