Dina Razek’s Status Report for March 19, 2022

This week, I worked on building out the full frontend view of our application, including charts and form settings. On the home page, I finalized the screen design and fixed some issues I had with the navigation bar.  I also set up the graphical information using Chart.js based on the hours / common intervals for the day. I considered factors like exchange operating hours and current hour of the day to try to make the graph most readable and logical. For this project, we are designing for the most common view to be on a mobile device, so while the site is responsive, we want to make the most out of the small space of a device screen when compared to a desktop. I also built out the About page information and page setup. This is the site when hosted locally, fit for the dimensions of a mobile device.

I am on schedule for the week. For next week, I want to finish up all UI elements, such as a “response received” message for manual input and fix any form validity issues. I plan to spend time interfacing more with the backend to incorporate all the data we are receiving. I also plan on working with Sam to see the next steps to interfacing with the hardware.