Charlie’s Status Report for 30 April 2022

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

I summarise the work that I did this week into 3 main points.

1. Writing a python script that runs the video+ audio recordings, splits the audio and overlay the captions.
  2. Helping Stella with her Final Presentation
  3. Data recordings

The last component of our project is to create a website interface that connects to our jetson to begin the video and audio recording. Last week, I completed the UI for the website (front-end). This week, I am writing the back-end to run all the commands needed to execute all the processing.

Stella was also presenting our final presentation, so I provided some feedback on her slides

On Friday night (8.30pm-11.30pm), my team and I went to CIC fourth floor conference room to do our final data collection with our newly purchased unidirectional microphones. We notice a drastic improvement in the sound quality, and we are in the process of processing this data. This is our final data collection and will be the main component of what we will present at the final demo and in our final report.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

We are currently on schedule.

Next week, I hope to accomplish 2 items

1. Compute the WER for our data collection on Friday to be included in our poster
  2. Complete the backend of our project for the final demo