Charlie’s Status Report for 23 April 2022

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

The following was my agenda from last week after our discussion with Professor Sullivan

1. Collecting data from different environments. This is because our deep learning system may work better in some environments than others (All)
  2. Fully integrating our audio and visual interface, as we are currently facing some Python dependency issues (Larry)
  3. Setting up a UI interface for our full system, such as a website (Me)

On Monday at 3pm, our team went to the ECE staff lounge at Hammershlag and sheltered walkway outside the CUC to do sound tests.

We managed to fully fix our dependency issues related to Python for our audio separation system.

I worked on the features for the website. As discussed on Wednesday, I am more interested in the usability of our website rather than the design.

To create such an active website, I had to set up a local (flask) server on the Jetson which can accept file uploads and downloads. I also set up a timer once the recording button is hit to give user an idea of how long they can record their audio (as per suggestion from Professor Sullivan). As this is my first experience with javascript and flask, it took me over 10 hours to get it to work.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

We are on schedule, as we are currently in the integration face of our project.

This coming weekend, I will be helping Stella with her preparation for the final project. After the presentation, I want to fully connect the website to the audio separation system, so I will be working closely with Larry.