Larry’s Status Report for 26 February 2022

I presented the design review presentation this week, which is what I spent a majority of my working time on again. Overall, I was fairly satisfied with how the presentation went. There weren’t many questions after the presentation and I have not yet received any feedback, so we have not made any adjustments in response to the design review. I hope to receive constructive feedback once we get comments back, however.

Last week, I stated that I hoped to produce an accurate angle for a single person in webcam view. I did not meet that goal this week, though Charlie and I have most of what we think we need for producing a good result. I calibrated the webcam and Charlie worked on converting Detectron2’s image segmentation into a usable format for our project. Below is a picture of the camera’s calibration matrix.

Our project is still on schedule. Looking at our Gantt chart, I was scheduled to complete angle estimation by next week. I should be able to produce a reasonable angle estimation soon given our current progress.

Coming up soon is the design report, which will likely also take a good amount of time to put together. I notice now that it isn’t in the current version of the Gantt chart, which is a bit of an oversight. I believe our schedule has enough slack for it, however. The main deliverables I hope to complete by next week are the angle estimation and the design report.