Larry’s Status Report for 19 February 2022

This week, I worked on both the design presentation and the initial testing of the components that we received. I got the demo of Detectron2 running on the TX2 and was able to record 7 channels using the UMA-8 microphone array. Installing all the required software packages took some time, but was fairly simple all things considered. I installed Detectron2 from source and had to use Nvidia’s instructions for installing PyTorch on Jetsons with CUDA enabled. Below is a picture of the image segmentation demo from Detectron2.

Since I will be presenting for the design presentation, I put the majority of my time this week towards that.

I believe that we are definitely on schedule so far. We have the high level design figured out and have confirmed that our purchased components work together. Of course, we have yet to tackle the hardest parts of the project.

Next week, I will have completed the design presentation and will begin working on using the image segmentation data to do angle estimation. As a deliverable, I hope to produce an accurate angle for a single person in the webcam view.