Isabel’s Status Report for 2/26

This week, most of my effort was spent towards coming up with a design for our calibration system. I took a look at some research for VR calibration (chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fciteseerx.ist.psu.edu%2Fviewdoc%2Fdownload%3Fdoi%3D10.1.1.140.3179%26rep%3Drep1%26type%3Dpdf) and it gave me an idea to draw up the plans for a geometric calibration program that pairs with our CV to determine the user’s position in space in relation to the wall and projector. During the second half of the week, I have also been putting some work into the design report, particularly the requirements, architecture, and implementation sections. Currently I’m slightly behind schedule with respect to the pySerial code, I expected to have a program file by now and I have only code samples, but I am also slightly ahead with regards to the calibration plans. It might be easier for me to make the end-to-end pySerial program(s) once I get a better idea of the hardware and CV endpoints. For next week, I hope to get both some pySerial interfacing and calibration drafts into arduino code as we begin working in class, and also finish out my parts of the design report by Monday/Tuesday.