Olivia’s Status Report for 4/30

Since our final presentation, I have been continuing to test the overall system and making fine tunes. For instance, today, I was working with the team to fix the system from moving when the user makes small head movements (mimicking a person’s head motion as if they are reading something on the projection.) We successfully completed that. I also helped perform user studies to fine tune the speed of the motor. Now, the motor moves faster for larger panning distances and slower for smaller distances. The motion continues to become smoother every time we work on it which is great.

I am also still trying to integrate the day/night vision camera into the overall system. This camera is much more sensitive than my laptop camera that we have been using for the user studies. (The laptop camera works pretty well.) I hope by tomorrow that I will have this camera working well with the system. The horizontal motion is working nicely. It is the vertical motion that causes the most trouble.

The team and I also planned out everything we want done for this week. We have a rough draft of the poster done today, plan to work on the video on Monday, and have our demo presentation polished by Wednesday. It is bittersweet seeing this project come to a close. I feel on schedule and am excited for this week.