Olivia’s Status Report for 4/10

Earlier this week, the Wyze v3 camera was finally delivered.  I spent time trying to connect the camera to my laptop which required flashing the Wyze camera firmware. However, once this was done, the settings of the camera could not be changed to the specific night vision settings that are normally accessible in the Wyze app. Since we need a camera that works in dim lighting, this camera will not be sufficient. I put in a new order request for the Arducam 1080P Day and Night Vision camera which is supposed to connect easily to an Arduino or laptop and should be delivered this week.

I have been editing my head pose estimation program to make it more robust to natural human movement. For example, I have been handling the case where the person’s head goes out of frame and their head pose can no longer be detected. I still need to handle the case where a person makes an unintentional movement (such as sneezing). In this case, we do not want the system to follow the movement of the person’s head. I have also spent time creating our user experience survey which we plan on conducting this Friday, hopefully. We will be testing specific settings such as motor speed, lock gesture commands, movement thresholds, and overall user experience. I may add a few more items to test in the user survey as I continue to edit my program to make it more accommodating to natural body movement.