Olivia’s Status Report for 4/2

This week I implemented the “lock” gesture which occurs when someone blinks 3 times in a span of 2 seconds. This lock gesture will work in conjunction with the calibration process when a user “locks” the projection in place to confirm its location is correctly attuned to the persons gaze. I implemented this gesture using four Mediapipe landmarks around both the left and right eye. In each frame the program processes, I calculate the “eye aspect ratio” and determine if it is below a set threshold. If so, a blink is detected. I also spent time cleaning up my code and making it best suitable to work with the overall system. Sadly, I got the flu the past week which made it very difficult for me to get any other work done or go to class. I personally feel behind schedule because I have not met with my team in person for a bit. I hope that changes this next week when I am finally able to pick up the camera, connect it to the overall system, and see the progress we have recently made with my own eyes.