Isabel’s Status Report for 2/19

After last week’s project restructuring, this week we were able to plan and begin working on completing the details of our product. In terms of part’s research, I’ve completed the research on the projector and lidar components to match our specifications. Both of these parts will end up as trade studies in our design report, so I can begin writing up those details in the upcoming week. We’ve also been meeting with Professor Kim to rebuild our schedule and flesh out our new project. Particularly, the main challenge for my part should be calibration research. I was considering using the lidar as a way to measure the distance between the projector arm apparatus and the wall, and then having a calibration mode using the camera’s CV and the arduino angle to discern both the user’s distance from the projection and refine the CV to be more accurate to the user’s point of view. The user would then have to remain in one place while using the tool, and would have to calibrate it manually at the start of use, so I am thinking about how to plan out the calibration program to make this as usable as possible.