Rama’s Status Report for 2/12

Initially, for our project proposal we played it safe and thought of a system that involved a web app, projector, and camera that helps users navigate their work. The user would upload files onto the web app and have it projected on the wall. Then the user could move their work by making hand gestures that are detected by the camera. Truthfully, we would have been able to finish this in about a month. Professor Kim helped us come up with a more unique project that is focused on tracking head movement. We will use how the user moves their head to move the projection that they are looking at. I am in charge of the hardware portion so I looked into how we could build the projector system. I decided on using a tripod as the base and then adding a dual axis servo motor so we can have two degrees of freedom. We will also make an attachment that will hold the projector in place. One challenge I anticipate is minimizing the time it takes for the command to be sent and executed by the motor. The goal is to have the projector move up, down, left, and right as the person moves their head in real time.