Lisa’s Status Report for April 16, 2022

This week I continued to work on the display function that I had started to work on last week (it takes in a parsed SVG file and converts the information in each line of the file into editable elements on the whiteboard). The main setback that I had to work with this week was dealing with an unexpected variable in each line of the SVG file (labeled with “transform”, which indicates that the line needs to be transformed by a specific value in the x or y direction). I also had to deal with adjusting the values to fit within the proportions of the whiteboard using a ratio between the width and height noted in the SVG file and that of the whiteboard display in the GUI.

I was able to complete this, which completes the integration of the SVG parser with the whiteboard display function. In the coming week, I will test this more to make sure it completely works with all types of lines and multiple lines in the input image. Right now, it makes all lines of a certain width, but next week I’ll try to have the lines on the whiteboard match the relative widths of the lines in the drawing.

I’ll also keep working on adding the translation feature for the lines, and starting doing some research into how to scale the lines. So far, I am on schedule.