Lisa’s Status Report for March 26, 2022

On Monday, I went to the ethics discussion during class. Prior to the ethics discussion, I had completed the ethics paper and done the two required readings. During class, we thought of and discussed ethical issue with different teams’ projects.

We are on schedule so far. This week, I mostly worked on the GUI/frontend, particularly the whiteboard portion of it. An image of the what the whiteboard UI looks like right now is shown below.

On the left is the whiteboard, which will contain the vectorized imaged. On the right there is a title that says “Camera Feed” and 3 buttons: “Receive”, “Send”, and “Vectorize Image”. The user can click on the “send” button to send the contents of the vectorized image to another user. The “receive” button can be used to check for any received messages in the inbox. And the “vectorize image” button will be used by the user once they are ready to vectorize the image that they are holding up.

Next week, I want to be able to actually display the vectorized contents of the image on the whiteboard. Once Ronald implements being able to create and host a session through the GUI, we will then try to implement being able to send and receive messages. We will try to get started on a basic UI framework for the user’s inbox.