Allen’s Status Report for April 30, 2022

1. Worked with Lucky to create the final presentation slides
    1. After that, I wrote speaker notes and practiced my presentation while making sure I knew what my setup would be like for when I present
  2. Listened in and filled out peer review forms for everyone’s final presentation during class time
  3. Gave my team’s final presentation on Wednesday during class
  4. Discussed trade-offs/design changes with Lucky in terms of integration
    1. i.e. if integration with the RPI/ARDUCAM system and the web application fails, we can integrate the background subtraction code as a library to the laptop hosting the web application and use a wired webcam to run both people and object detection
    2. i.e. we could use the RPI/ARDUCAM to not only send a trigger to the web application to run object detection, but we could also send a picture to the app as well. This would allow us to seamlessly insert an image into the object detection code without the use of the external webcam.
  5. Worked on integration with the RPI/ARDUCAM and the web application (Very close to being finished!)
    1. I was able to send a trigger from the RPI to the web application and tomorrow I will try the same thing but in the reverse direction
  6. Discussed poster ideas with Lucky and will finalize the poster design tomorrow

I believe that we are on track for the final demo later this week. I believe we may have roughly one full day’s worth of work to do for the final demo. Hopefully we can do that asap so that we have a few days of slack time to polish up our system, run some more tests, and make sure everything is ready to go for Friday.

During this upcoming week, I plan to do the following:

1. Finalize integration and testing
    1. connect from the web application to the RPI (using same mechanism from the reverse direction that was proven to be successful today)
    2. integrate Lucky’s object detection code with the web application
  2. Complete poster
  3. Complete final video
  4. Complete final paper