Takshsheel’s Status Report for March 26, 2022.

This week, in addition to the common team goals, I worked on the following:

• I worked on getting a people counter working with the use of contours along with background subtraction in openCV.
  • I also discussed with my teammates about ethical considerations that popped up in my mind after our discussion on monday, particularly to do with how our product could be used, and how much of that should be our responsibility, whether or not that is on us to fix, or is it up to the consumer of our product.
  1. In terms of an issue or risk I found, it has taken me longer than I have expected to fix a bug that I have found in my implementation of contouring, and even though I spent a fair amount of time with it, I’m currently not able to understand the bug. Therefore, I’ve decided to look beyond for outside help from faculty members in CMU for advice on how I might either do this differently, or fixing the issue I have found.

This bug I’ve mentioned here definitely puts me behind schedule. I was hoping to have the counter completed by this weekend but I’m currently still stuck with it. Luckily, for our MVP idea, we just need motion detection which is working. However, this is something I was really looking forward to having in our project, so this setback is rather detrimental.

By next week, I hope to have completed the counter, as well as help with the integration process of our wireless communication system.