Allen’s Status Report for March 26, 2022

1. Discussed ethical concerns/precautions that we should consider for our project amongst our team and fellow classmates during our ethics lecture
  2. Researched various ways to set up our wireless system – I have concretely decided on what to do and have the resources ready to start up the system besides one part that was ordered tonight (last piece of the system needed to be purchased)
  3. Discussed in depth the details of integration along with making our system more accessible to more stores in general. In addition to other things, one major thing we decided is to add a global item data store for all stores and aisles and allow users to choose aisles/items to view on their UI.
  4. In regards to the previous point, I mapped out how that would look on the web application in terms of code and design

I believe that our progress is a bit behind – we understand that the interim demo is on the horizon in less than 10 days and our final demo is in about a month. That being said, we want to make sure we have those deadlines in mind to finish as early and robustly as possible.

During this upcoming week, I plan to do the following:

1. Researching web sockets as that is a potential bridge that will allow our subsystems to connect with each other (for integration) (besides hosting the web application on the cloud)
  2. Adding point #3 above for the web application
  3. Finishing final parts of the web application (i.e. some UI and routing for the page that will show the data to the user)
  4. When the last piece of the wireless system is here by mid-week, I’ll shift my focus to fleshing out the wireless system (the first half of the week will be web application dominant)
  5. Figuring out how to set up our system and shelf/items for our interim demo
  6. Assisting Lucky and Takshsheel with anything that they need