Lucky’s Status Report for March 19, 2022

This week I did the following tasks:

• I finished producing a functional SIFT matching script that detected matches and produced results between some test images
  • I ported all of the object detection code I’ve been working on to a version control system to prep for collaboration and integration
  • I began a new python file/script to run continuously on a system in order to prepare something that can function in production
    • I cleaned up the code, and modularized sections for readability and testing of subcomponents
      • This included modularizing the SIFt detection portion so we can more easily swap out the detection algorithm for other algorithms for benchmarking the best algorithm for our use case
      • I organized global variables for making the tweaking of threshold / customizable portions of the code easily accessible for benchmarking and optimization

In terms of schedule, it felt like I finally began catching up on the slack I had built up on weeks prior. I now have a clearer trajectory of what I want to get done soon

What Next

• I want to finalize the transition to an almost production ready subsystem of the object detection algorithm for our MVP
    • This entails finishing a functional main script that runs the detection and matching continuously with prompts from the terminal
      • The terminal prompts will service as a trigger mechanism to simulate the trigger from the motion detection subsystem
      • There is als a capture simulation to simulate capturing new images from the shelf camera for detection / matching