Allen’s Status Report for March 19, 2022

1. Worked on RPI design/research/ordering more parts and the Ethics assignment on Monday and Wednesday
    1. ~5 hours
  2. During the week before spring break, I spent roughly 18-20 hours setting up the web application (the login/register pages are complete with user authentication, the homepage is set up, and the UI is nearly finished) and writing up my portions of the design review document.

I believe that our progress is slightly behind – we got a lot of work done before spring break, but we’ve had some slack time since break. The necessary parts for the wireless transfer system arrived during the tail end of the week (as I research more, I realize how we need little things along the way, such as: SD card, tripod for camera, etc.), so I’ll be focusing on that this week.

During this upcoming week, I plan to do the following:

1. Setting up the wireless transfer system now that all of our parts for one system are here (our other RPI is hopefully coming during the first week of April. I say hopefully because it might get backordered, but the expected date of arrival is during the first week of April.)
  2. Finishing final parts of the web application (i.e. some UI and routing for the page that will show the data to the user)
  3. Figuring out how to set up our system and shelf/items for our interim demo
  4. Assisting Lucky and Takshsheel with anything that they need