Allen’s Status Report for February 26, 2022

During this week, I worked on the following (in chronological order):

1. Worked on Design presentation with my team during Sunday night
    1. ~2-3 hours
  2. Reviewed/conducted peer reviews for the other teams during class time on Monday and Wednesday
    1. ~3 hours
  3. Went through a comprehensive Flask tutorial, researched and planned out how to upload/download from an AWS S3 bucket, researched on how to use an RPI with the ARDUCAM, and researched extra parts that we need to order (camera module and ribbon for RPI to ARDUCAM)
    1. ~5 hours

In the past week, I’ve had two exams so my output this week was not as optimal as I would have liked it to be. This upcoming week should be much more free, allowing me to put in 12+ hours for sure.

I believe that our progress is behind, and I shoulder my fair share of responsibility. The key hindering factor for me (besides having midterms the past two weeks), is that I tend to mostly work on the tail ends of the week. This week, I will work for at least 3/5 of the weekdays for 2+ hours outside of class time. My goal output this upcoming week is 15+ hours.

During the next week, I plan to do the following:

1. Setting up the backend and frontend of our flask app
  2. Sending dummy data from the RPI to a local machine (i.e. since we need to order a camera module, we cannot take pictures yet. Thus, I’ll send over dummy data to get used to using the RPI so that once our camera module comes in, we’ll be good to go)
  3. Assisting Lucky and/or Takshsheel on object/human detection