Zixuan’s Status Report for 3/27/2021

One piece of feedback we received from the design report was to resize the images before passing them into OpenPose to reduce latency. We initially tested it with images of size 432×368. The overall accuracy for most poses is about 90%, and the average runtime is about 1.1 seconds per image on a laptop (CPU only). After testing with several different sizes, I found that the size of 320×272 might be a good choice for now since the detection accuracy is above 85% and the average runtime is about 0.7 second per image. The accuracy is significantly lower if I keep downscaling the images.

I modified the pose comparison script to handle the situations that some key points are not detected. I wrote the script that captures frames at specific interval from the user’s camera input. The interval will depend on the specific workout.

I have also been working on creating a library of the angle values of the standard workout poses. For each workout, I took out 2 to 4 frames and extracted the angles from these frames, which will be used to compare with the user’s angles to determine the accuracy.

I think I am a little behind the schedule, since there are more details in the implementation than I previously thought. Next week, I will finish creating the library, test it with me doing some of the exercises, and try to catch up.