Sarah’s Status Report for 3/27/2021

This week, I added 9 core and arm exercises (from 4 videos) to our workout library. I also updated the workout algorithm (finalized algorithm with Maddie, and started it last week) to include paired exercises. The only paired exercises are the ones that work on one side of the body at a time (ex: single arm side pushup). I think the workout algorithm is finished. I can always go back to modify this algorithm if we change our design later.

I also worked with Maddie on some of the UI (looping exercises using OpenCV). I’m still in the process of learning PyGame, so the progress on the UI is slow. However, according to our gantt chart, I’m still on schedule.

Next week, I hope to have more of the UI done. Maddie already looped the exercises using OpenCV, so I want to get the 2 screens for rest time and exercises done. I’m thinking each of these screens will just be their own functions/classes so they can be easily called multiple times. If possible, I also want to get the start screen created. I’m just going to model it off of YouTube videos as well, so the design is cohesive. I also want to get the key controls working (where the user can press certain keys to trigger certain actions).