Sarah’s Status Report for 3/6/2021

This week, I manually parsed 3 YouTube workout videos into separate exercise clips (1 repetition each). This gave us 31 individual core and arm exercises for our library. I saved both a gif version of each exercise (using a gif making website) and the start and end times of the exercise from the YouTube videos in a spreadsheet shared with the rest of my group.

I also worked with my teammates on our Design presentation slides and report. We tried to incorporate the feedback we got from our proposal presentation slides. We particularly wanted to make the slides more visual (“marketing visuals”), so I added gifs and more images to the slides.

I requested our TX2 board from the 18-500 inventory, which Maddie picked it up. I also ordered our camera, which is with me. We haven’t met to swap hardware yet. We may need to change the tasks around in our Gantt chart to reflect these changes in task leadership (Maddie for board set up, me more library construction).

I think we’re basically on schedule, though.

Next week, I hope to figure out how we’re going to store the reference exercise clips (either on board, on laptop, or in AWS?). I want to continue parsing videos, too. It takes longer than I thought to find parts of each exercise that loop well, and find the how long to make the clip that will loop. So, I’m planning on parsing a couple videos per week so it’s manageable. I also hope to start working on our scoring algorithm.