Shrutika’s Status Report for 02/15

Weekly post #1!

This week was a lot of working together as a team to make major decisions – we had several meetings including outside of class time to choose and order parts, and begin to work with what we have. We aren’t really behind schedule yet – the problem is we had several tasks starting this week that didn’t because of the time taken to order and receive parts. But hopefully we factored in enough slack time to make sure things get done by the dates we set to finish the specific tasks. I think next week as long as we put in the time we can catch up to schedule.

In the next week, I want to begin to design the actual platform – I have mech-e who said they would help me with the laser cutting, and figure out how to best attach parts. I think because we (Gauri and Neeti) have done motor control in embedded, writing the drivers and getting the motor working should go relatively quickly and while they set that up I’ll begin making the platform and figuring out pi-pi communication (as soon as the Pis come in).