Adithya – Week of Feb. 25

Adithya – Week of Feb. 25

This week my effort was split in two main areas. Firstly, I worked towards furthering my tracking and detection algorithms. In particular, I worked towards denoising the image since the noice caused by all the splashing by the swimmers was causing our tracker to not track effectively. There are some further enhancements we need to make but this was definitely a step in the right direction.

Secondly, I worked with Jack to further improve the web app by giving it the ability to handle POST requests from clients. This functionality is imperative for our project since the tracker will be sending information to the web app periodically so that it can be displayed back to clients.

Additionally, 4+ hours this week were spent watching other groups’ progress in their projects. This was also useful since we could adapt the professors’ feedback for other groups to ours.

My progress is on track for the week. For the next week, I plan to continue working on both the tracking algorithm and the web app. In particular, I want to have swimmer tracking working before spring break. However, keeping in mind that I have to complete the design report and also the ethics assignment, both of which I expect will detract from the time I have to work on the actual project, I might have to use up some of the “slack” time that I had built into my schedule in the upcoming weeks.