Charles’s Feb. 23 Status Report

Charles’s Feb. 23 Status Report

Weekly Progress

This week I stalled out a little bit. I made a slight miscalculation in my transfer functions for my filters, which led to a lot of going backwards and recreating some of the values that I had originally. I did manage to toss together several components to start preparing for purchasing so that I can start building and testing the DAC as well as the filters that I have designed. I hope to continue to document clearly my thought processes for these designs to ensure that if I encounter any bugs in the future, I can understand why I made my errors to begin with, as that has helped me already in debugging some of my circuitry.

Additionally, I spent several hours preparing our presentation as well as the website so that they would look presentable. This includes formatting the website as well as clearly drawing out my designs in software rather than on a sheet of paper.

Scheduling

I was scheduled to start implementing some of the analog filter and DAC design this week, but I should be beginning to do this next week and I have an extra week of slack to make up for the lost week I have due to presentation overhead as well as errors that I have made.

Deliverables

By the end of this week, I hope to have my materials ordered and hopefully in, so that I can begin to build my filters and test them for accuracy.