Josiah’s Status Report for 9/21

Accomplishments

This week, we completed our proposal presentation. For the purposes of the presentation, I came up with a number of strict and granular tests that range from unit tests of individual components to cumulative tests that are concerned with the entire system. I also beautified our website to give it a bit of cup pong flair. The emojis also help us stand out B)

Progress

I made great progress on the topics of viable robotics solutions for moving our cup to the landing location of the ball. There are a number of online guides that detail hobbyist-tier XY plotter drawing machines, or omniwheel drawing robots. I believe these existing guides can be repurposed for the simpler task of moving a robot to a specific location. I dug into the arduino code for the omniwheel robot, and there is existing infrastructure that would easily support our purposes. Next week, I hope to decide on one method to start with, and then order the materials necessary for construction of the robot. I believe progress is on track.