Rohan’s Status Report for 12/2

This week my team and I worked on the integration of our subsystems: Eye-Tracking, Audio Alignment, and Front-End. We also performed some quantitative tests for our system, while also working on the Final Presentation.

I personally worked on making the Eye-Tracking Heuristic more robust. For example, I worked on trying to add eye-gaze extrapolation to track the duration of the user’s eyes looking at each line to help with audio alignment. I also made all eye-tracking functions integrated with the Front-End. In others, when the user looks at the override buttons or the last couple of measures the page turns, very consistently. Additionally, I worked with Caleb and Sanjana on making the audio alignment work better and more robust by parsing through and filtering the chroma vectors of an audio stream. This took a lot of effort because of complex the signal processing is, and the multitude of problems and noise to deal with. Lastly, I helped Sanjana prepare for her presentation.

So far, my progress is on schedule, but for the remainder of the semester there is a lot of work left. Next week, I plan to the final steps of integration and more testing and validation for the last part of Capstone.