Xiaoyu’s Status Report for 10/28

In the past week, our team further modified the eraser moving mechanism.  . I spend some time online researching about different types of stepper motor with rods and we decided to switch to non-captive stepper motors for our design. I looked for appropriate motors and screw rods and we made some new orders and are now waiting for things to arrive. Personally, I have now write some simple Rpi code to control the movement of the motor through motor driver for unit testing. Below is a screenshot of some code

Due to delays of shipping and changes of design, our team might not be on schedule in terms of the physical part of our design. We are trying to make this up by working on the code portion of our design. We will also devote more time once our orders arrive.

Next week, our schedule heavily depends on when things arrive. We are planning to start building out system on whiteboard. Personally, I will be  integrating the unit code I wrote into the whole design system. I will also be setting up Rpi and start unit testing the functionality of motor.