Xiaoyu’s Status Report for 9/30

This week our group is working on several things: revising our use case, making component orders and making the design proposal. Our group had some in depth discussion about the use case of our project, after receiving many feedbacks from TAs and professors. Personally, I also spend some time looking for appropriate hardware components that would fit our project, and I am ready to justify my choices in the design proposal. I have also received RPi borrowed from ECE Inventory, and is starting to learn how to use it.

Next week, I will be giving the design presentation. Our group will be revising our design after we receives feedbacks, and will be writing the design report together. I also plan to spend some time getting familiar with RPi, which we already borrowed from ECE Inventory.

In response to the discussion, I think 18-349 Intro to Embedded Systems is particularly helpful to this project. In that course I did a project that can rotate a motor to a certain position using PID control, which is related to how we plan to move the erasers across the board in this project. Also, the skills I learned when I work on learning how to use the Nucleo board from scratch would definitely help me setting up Raspberry Pi for this project.