Kunal’s Status Update (11/20)

This week I finished the implementation for the iterative frame based processing of the video file that is fed into the hardware-based implementation of the algorithm. The way I wrote it involves iterating over the frames in a particular video file and building the buffers and necessary metadata in order to pass along the frame to the fpga in as low of a latency as possible. The nature of the computation I wrote is aimed to be real time in the sense that as frames are received from the cnn they are directly forwarded to the video port of the ultra 96 board.  The video port is a peripheral that I  exposed via a xilinx library that can do host to device communication particularly through a video device as the output. This part needs extensive testing along with the latency improvements for the CNN model itself. I’ve been working with James in order to coordinate these changes in our overall system. We are planning on squashing the layers of the CNN to build out a 1-layered super-resolution system in order to optimally fit the model on the fpga. This is an ongoing effort and will be taking a look at this throughout Sunday and the following week.