Joshua’s Status Update for 9/18/21

This week, I worked on refining the details on our implementation with my team. I looked into possible algorithms that could be used on our project with my team, and also furthered my knowledge of upscaling algorithms that were used in the past, specifically on browsers, since our initial use case was video/movie upscaling. After changing our use case, I looked at groups from previous semesters who had similar projects to ours, and compared their numbers to our estimates for throughput and image/video processing on FPGAs. I also looked into the process of down-scaling videos from a higher quality, as this will be an important part of the testing for our project.

Since I fell ill on Wednesday and did not recover for 3 days, I did not meet with my team on that day, and did not spend as much time on research as I had initially planned. However, we still managed to achieve most of our initial goals for the week, and my team and I have communicated and managed to bring me up to speed with our progress into the research of our project.

I also helped write the introduction of the project and setup the tabs needed for our blog/website, as well as compiling the progress of my team to write the team status report.